Saturdays from March 30 through May 18
Ages 5-7 from 10:00 to 10:50 AM
The Mini Jambars
Academy is an eight week program for ages 3-7. This program is designed to
introduce soccer to young children while teaching them the basics of soccer and
some key components appropriate for these age groups. Furthermore and most importantly,
the Mini Jambars Academy is designed to help young children fall in love with
the game. Many of the drills involve fun soccer related games to slowly and
steadily teach them these key components while creating a fun environment.
Through these soccer related games and other drills, we emphasize basic soccer
techniques including the proper way to control the ball, dribbling techniques,
the proper way to pass the ball, and how to perform various moves appropriate
at this level. Aside from this, we go above and beyond to teach them proper
speed and agility techniques that will help them grow as an athlete on and off
the pitch. Additionally, there will be various sessions that end with a mini
scrimmage to allow the youngsters to experience the game itself.
We understand that at this age it is important to keep the young mind entertained while providing a safe and comfortable environment. Therefore, every session we will work hard to get to know each and every player and connect with them on a personal level. We also understand that consistency can be key for our young ones. All of our sessions will include some sense of consistency to better enhance your child's performance. We are so excited to begin the third season of this program and hope to see your little one out on the pitch!
Participants need to bring a Size 3 ball to every session. Shin guards and cleats are optional and a water bottle is encouraged.
Coach Rebecca Nye, Director of the Mini Jambars Academy
Bio for Coach Rebecca Nye
- NSCAA Advanced National Diploma-Coaching "B" License
- NSCAA National Diploma- Coaching "C" License
- USSF D License
- Jambars FC Mini Jambars Director 2017-present
- Body Boutique Soccer Programming Coach 2015-2017
- Sporting Kaw Valley Coach 2006-2015
- Sporting Kay Valley Age Group Director 2013-2015
- Sporting Kaw Valley Co-Director of the All Girls Academy 2012-2013
- Sporting Kaw Valley Tournament Director 2008-2009
- Washburn University and University of Colima, Mexico soccer alumni
- University of Kansas Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Sport Medicine
- University of Missouri-Kansas City Masters degree in Romance Languages
Mini Jambars Director Rebecca Nye
Note: Jambars FC reserves the right to combine groups if there are not enough participants.